Fargo Crime NewsFargo News

West Fargo resident accused of making bomb threats against Kindred daycare center now facing felony charges

West Fargo, North Dakota – Cass County authorities have arrested a North Dakota man accused of making bomb-related threats involving a daycare center in Kindred late last year, leading to school safety checks and a major law enforcement response across rural parts of the county.

The Cass County Sheriff’s Office announced that deputies arrested 37-year-old Cody M. Weathermon on Monday afternoon. He is facing two felony terrorizing charges connected to an incident that occurred in December 2025.

According to investigators, Weathermon allegedly contacted the Red River Regional Dispatch Center and made threatening comments concerning a bomb and a daycare center located in Kindred, North Dakota.

Authorities said the threats prompted an immediate public safety response. Out of caution, the daycare center remained closed for the day while deputies investigated the situation.

Law enforcement officers also searched multiple daycare centers and schools throughout rural Cass County to ensure there were no suspicious devices or dangerous items connected to the threat.

Investigators later confirmed that no suspicious items were found during the searches.

Multiple Agencies Assisted in Arrest

The arrest came after what officials described as extensive investigative work by deputies and assisting agencies. Authorities said investigators eventually identified Weathermon as the suspect tied to the threatening communications.

The Metro Area Street Crimes Unit and the United States Marshals High Plains Fugitive Task Force assisted deputies during the arrest operation.

Officials also indicated the case may continue expanding. According to the sheriff’s office, investigators are reviewing multiple additional incidents allegedly connected to Weathermon, and more criminal charges are expected to be filed as the investigation moves forward.

Sheriff Jesse Jahner praised investigators, assisting agencies, and members of the community who helped support the investigation.

“Sheriff Jesse Jahner commends the efforts of investigators, the community, and assisting agencies for their work thus far in holding Mr. Weathermon accountable for his actions related not only to the December incident, but also to the additional incidents currently under review,” the sheriff’s office stated.

Authorities identified Weathermon as a resident of West Fargo. He is currently charged with two felony counts of terrorizing.

Investigators stressed that all aspects of the case remain active and ongoing at this time.

Jimmy Hathaway

I grew up in Grand Forks and moved to Fargo in my teens. Journalism runs in my family, with several relatives working as reporters. Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my family.

Comments are closed.